Friday, February 29, 2008

To bask or not to bask?


If this is your first visit to this blog, I imagine you would wonder why this is even news. lol. Nemo watched intently again this morning as I opened the curtain, cleaned his bathtub, started his mister, and put some food in his dish....high hopes from his recent shrimp treat. His greeting me in the morning wide awake is reminiscent of pre-hibernation days.

I moved him close to his wading dish and slightly spritzed him which didn't seem to bother him. If it had, he would have hissed and hurried off. Instead he stood for several minutes between the bath and the basking log. At least he was pondering whether to bask or not. I guess he decided it wouldn't be today. Maybe he was refreshing his memory about what it was for ;-O

After making up his little turtle mind, he simply turned and retreated to his summer home. Hope springs eternal...

No comments: